These Nominations need to be returned to the Returning Officer before 5.00pm Monday 2nd July 2018.
To facilitate the return of nominations, completed forms can be forwarded to this office by email attachment (firstname.lastname@example.org) with originals to follow by post (PO Box 79, Kingston Qld 4114)
Executive Zone Council
Where a position has more than one valid nomination, an election will be necessary and ballot papers will be forwarded to electors by post on Friday 6th July 2018 for return by 5.00pm Monday 30th July 2018.
For further information please refer to the Football Central Queensland’s website.
Eligibility for Election and to Vote
Zone Executive Councillor
A person is eligible to be a Zone Executive Councillor if they are:
- 18 years of age or over; and
- nominated according to Rule 11.2; and
- not in breach of the Constitution or any By-Law of Football Queensland Limited or the Zone, and
- eligible according to Associations Incorporation Act 1981.
Only Zone Member Clubs that are assigned to a Zone may vote for the Zone Executive Councillors for that Zone.
Friday 8th June 2018
- Notify all members of General Election Meeting date and time table for election.
- Call for Nominations for all positions open for election.
- Member Clubs – Club Management Committee to hold meeting to decide on any nominations they wish to make and who will sign the nomination forms on behalf of the club. Meeting to be minuted in Club minutes.
Monday 2nd July 2018 5.00pm
- Close of Nominations
Wednesday 4th July 2018 before 5.00pm
- Sort Nominations for each position.
- Declare election results where there are no candidates or the required number of candidates.
- Carry out Random Draw for contested positions for order of appearance on the Ballot paper.
By Friday 6th July 2018
- Prepare Ballot papers and other necessary election material and disseminate to members.
- Member Clubs to complete Ballot papers and two members (two signatures) of the Club’s Management Committee to sign rear of Form 8 Return Envelope and return to Returning Officer
Monday 30th July 2018 5.00pm
- Close of Poll.
- Returning Officer to scrutinise all Form 8 – Return Envelopes in preparation for count
Tuesday 31st July – Wednesday 1st August 2018
- Returning Officer to open all Form 8 return Envelopes that have been accepted into the count and place Form 9 – Ballot Envelopes into Ballot box.
- Returning Officer to open all Form 9 – Ballot Envelopes entered into the count and sort Ballot papers into each category
- Returning Officer to count and record Votes for each candidate and if necessary distribute preferences until one candidate has more than 50% of vote.
Before Friday 3rd August 2015 5.00pm
- Declare result of election for each category.
Tuesday 7th August 2018
- Complete all electoral forms.